Dear Family,

I finally arrived in Puerto Rico, after 4 months of waiting! Wow! It was a great flight, and everything went well. The flight was fun because...we flew over water! Woohoo! It was really pretty cool because I saw 3 or 4 small islands out the window before we arrived in Puerto Rico and they were beautiful!

I had a cool experience at the airport, too. about 2 or 3 weeks ago there was a French copy of "The Restauracion" pamphlet on this table in the CCM and I just picked it up casually. I don't know why...and I've been carrying it around in my bag since then. Last night I cleaned out my purse and started using a new one, and thought I would throw it away, because Hello...I'm going to Puerto Rico. People speak Spanish there; not French! But, I decided to keep it, because I thought it might come in handy. In Santo Domingo Airport, we ran into a guy from Boston named Jacques who actually grew up in Haiti, and he spoke English, but when he told us he was from Haiti originally, I was like, "Oh, you speak French then?" And he's all like "Yeah; parlez-vous le francais?" And, I used the one phrase I remember from my High School French class, which is "Je ne parle-pas le francais, but I have something in French that I would love for you to have!" And I hop over to my carry-on and extract my special French folleto and we talk about it and he gave us his phone number and he said he would call the mission office and all was awesome. It was a great first mission experience.

It amazes me how the spirit guides us to do things, and I know the spirit is what prompted me to not throw away that completely "useless" French pamphlet.

I don't know a lot about what is going on, but I am working in Caparra, which is near the Mission home in Bayamon and I have a native-speaking companion, but I haven't met her yet.

Everything is fine, but I have to go! Thanks so much for your love and support! I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Miller

ps. Preparation days are on Monday. :)


This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: