Dear Family,

Zone conference was great. Sister Summers and I really prepared for it well, I think. It was interesting, because although it took us a month, on Monday while telling her about what I learned in personal study, I finally realized that the conversion pattern is really just the gospel of Jesus Christ. The steps that every one takes in their conversion is (first desire, then) faith, repentance, and then some sort of covenant-making event. Then, they all want to go and share it with every one. We were just so excited when we finally came to that realization, we were practically jumping for joy. We felt ridiculous, because it seems so simple, but we felt more ridiculous when, later, we found that it says just that in True to the Faith. I don't know how many times I've read the entry on conversion in that book and in the Bible dictionary, but they both mention both conversion and the gospel of Jesus Christ, but I never really put it together or completely understood before. I am grateful for the opportunity we all had to really study and learn about conversion. I know that I have come to understand and know Heavenly Father better through this process; because conversion is the process whereby we can come to know Heavenly Father and prepare to return to him (the gospel of Jesus Christ!). It was a wonderful learning exercise.

This week in Guaynabo has been typical. We are looking for an apartment and have done a lot of contacting while searching. Unfortunately, a less-active practically asked us to not visit her anymore after zone conference, which was really disappointing. In spite of this, I know that there are other less actives who are progressing. We went last night to visit Ida and she let us in and told us that she likes to read the Book of Mormon at work, when she can. I think she really has a testimony, but that she just doesn't come to church consistently because of a little bit of laziness. She works at 2 on Sunday, and so she says that she has to run out really fast to make it to work on time, so she doesn't always come; and that she is tired a lot of Sunday mornings. We have real hope for her though, because it is apparent she has a testimony, and however weak it may be, we can help her.

I am grateful for the opportunity I have had as a missionary and love helping people come to know about and understand the gospel. I love Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon, and I know that it is true. I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ, the only true and living church on the earth.

Love,
Hermana Miller.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: