Dear family,

I got your packages in the mail this week! Thank you for thinking of me. Our landlady lent us this little 4 foot fiber optic Christmas tree thing, and I put the gifts on/under that. Our apartment looks so nice and Christmas-y with the tree and the lights and the gifts etc. It is a wonderful place to live. :)

Karina was baptized on Saturday. Woohoo! It is something we have been working on since July. I know that was one of the miracles we could see with Hermana Beltran. Part of the miracle was that her husband, Gilberto, former menos activo was able to baptize her and he did it perfectly! When they were coming out of the font, he spoke to Benjamin, the Elders Quorum President who invited him to do it and coached him on how to do it. He said that he was so happy (he was crying), and thank you because he had never imagined that he would be able to do that. That is, baptize his wife. It was a really cool experience. I will send pictures next week when I have my cable with me.
Well, transfers were today and new missionaries came in yesterday. We picked up a new missionary for me and I sent Hermana Beltran to Bayamon (almost next door), to work with someone else. My new companion is Hermana Comoletti. She is from Springville, Utah. She is really happy and bubbly and reminds me of my roommate from last summer, in Indiana. It is fun. She has the fire! It is so weird to compare her with me. She is very excited and trusts people and has faith in every body and I am tired and not as bubbly. I know I am going to learn a lot with her. She has a strong testimony and a love of the Lord and the desire to be here. It is cool to think of all the good that she is going to accomplish in her mission. Sister Reid is going home today, which is really weird. I am now the next sister to go home; I am the oldest sister in the mission, along with Sister Palmer. It is a really, really crazy feeling, because I still feel like I'm trying to figure out how to do things the best way. I'm still trying to figure out how to be the best missionary possible. I guess there is always room for improvement.

Everything has been going fine and we are enjoying the break from the heat. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Miller



This entry was posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: