Dear family,

Thank you for the letters you sent me this week (mom). I can't believe it is December already! In November, it was okay that it didn't feel like winter, but now it is really difficult to believe it is December because it still is sunny and stuff. It is cooler, sure, but even I can't deny that it is warm outside.


Investigator news:

Karina's baptism is just around the corner, and we are really excited. Every time we go over to visit her we realize how prepared she really is. I hope everything goes well and she'll be ready to be baptized soon. They've been to church 4 or 5 times now and yesterday in the interview, Gilberto and Jose (a RC the Elders taught) really hit it off and are pretty good friends now. They bonded over computer things and video games. It was a good moment. And they got a dog...which is so cute. They called her Canela, which is Spanish for Cinnamon. I love her! Another less active member got a dog too and I love him too. I think when I get home I am going to get a dog. Because I love them. Maybe it is just because I'm not allowed to hold babies, but I love holding dogs; they are so cute!

We were blessed yesterday with a new investigator (sort of...). He is the "practically son" of a less active we met yesterday and we left him a Book of Mormon. We are going to try to continue working with him and try to check up on his reading and such. He isn't an official new investigator, because we couldn't set a return cita, but he's all we've got right now, and we're holding on to that. There is another family that we contacted a while ago and we finally figured out where they live, so we are going to try to work with them. We haven't been able to teach them yet, but we will hopefully get in this week sometime.


Companion news:

Sister Beltran is growing leaps and bounds. I am so impressed with her. She is overcoming her timidity and learning so much about the gospel and even learning some English, and how to conduct music. She is just learning so much because she is so humble and teachable and willing to learn. I am really happy for the progress she has been making here.


Missionary life news:

I completed one year in Puerto Rico this week. Maybe you recall, that my first day here last year was Thanksgiving. I was surprised to find that alongside their turkey Puerto Ricans eat rice with gandules (which is a kind of pea/bean thing). I am happy to announce that I was again privileged to eat Turkey and rice with gandules on Thanksgiving day this year.

On Thanksgiving we went to have dinner with the primary president and the Kay family came (an hour late, but they did arrive, so we were happy). It was a good time and the turkey was delicious...I thought.

Next, we went to a returning less-active's house and she gave us more turkey with rice and gandules. This turkey was even better. She also made a pasta salad thing and it was a good time.
The next day, we went to visit another returning less active who just happened to be taking a turkey out of the oven. She gave us a piece of turkey for helping her carry it from one place in her house to another (it was a huge turkey and she is about 4'10"), and it was the most delicious of them all. It was amazingly moist and juicy. I don't know how she did it. Thinking of the other turkeys, a line from one of our favorite movies came to mind: "This bird is dry! Haven't you people heard of basting?," and chuckled to myself.

It was a good Thanksgiving and a delicious one too.

I hope everything at home is going great. Thank you for sending me the pictures and the news about the family. I'm happy for all of you!

Love,
Hermana Miller.
/Auntie J. :)


This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: