Plinio got the priesthood! We thought they weren't going to go to church on Sunday because when we talked to them on Saturday, he had taken some medication that made him drowsy, so they weren't sure if they were going to be able to come or not, because Maria doesn't drive. But they came! And he recieved the priesthood. It is so cool to see them going step-by-step through the gospel. They are a great family. Every time I go over to their house I feel more and more love for them. We went this week one day and we couldn't stay for very long because night was falling and their electricity had gone out, but Plinio was just so happy. And Paola, the little 2 year-old (who was born on leap day in 2008, um. cool!) calls me ti-ti, which is short for tia, which is aunt. She calls me aunty! Oh, so sweet. I just love them so much. I am really excited for you to meet them. I would be concerned if they only loved us and no one else at church, but they have friends and are participating, and they even invited a family over for dinner. Cool. They are doing great. Maria went to a stake relief society activity on Saturday with a member and said it was really cool. We didn't even have to go with her! She is so brave!

Other cool thing that happened this week. A member gave us two referals. We took them, but I don't think I took them too seriously, because she is always giving us terrible referals (for example, the last one she gave us was for somebody she met on the elevator in her building, and she sent us over because she chain smokes. Or one of the ones she gave us this week was for a woman she met on the bus (who she didn't even know the name of, I might add), because she has "emotional problems."). But, we went over anyway, and the first one turned out to be a beautiful family with a 9 year old, a 5 year old, and a 5 months old. There was also a mom and a dad, which is great. They said that they were interested, but that they were going out of town this week to Orlando because the 5 month old has epilepsy and they need to do testing. Anyway, they said we could come back the following week to share. I am really excited for them, because although they didn't seem overwhelmingly interested, they seemed to want to learn more. The other one, the one for the lady with emotional problems, it turned out that that lady moved, and there was a new family that lived there, also with a mother and a father and two little kids. They had recently moved in because the other lady had moved out. They didn't seem very interested at first, but then they seemed interested and invited us to come back another day. So, we'll let you know how that goes.

Well, that is mostly all I have to say this week. I hope everything is going great back at home. I love you all. I'm excited for the RS broadcast this week! Can you believe it is that time of year again? Yay! I love conference! It is like Christmas for missionaries. I've been waiting for months now.

Love,
Hermana Miller


This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: