Dear family,

Some interesting things have happened since last I wrote. My companion went home sick on Thursday. She had some serious digestional problems; a really intense case of gastritis or something. I'm not exactly sure, but bad enough that they had to send her home. They aren't releasing her though; so she should be back soon enough. I'll probably be her companion when she gets back, if I'm not busy doing something else president asks me to do. So. Who is with me now? I got moved back to Caparra ward, which is the area I started in. It is weird to be back where I started, but it is cool too. The people here are so good. But, it has also helped me realize how much I love the area I'm in now. It may actually be better than my first area, which I never would have suspected! Haha. But, we are in a trio that is covering the two areas. It is hard to be in a trio, and it is hard to cover two areas at once. But, I am starting to get the hang of it. I'm not sure how much time we'll be in this situation, but I'll let you know if something interesting happens.

Are you excited for conference this weekend? I am really excited! I can't wait! Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday for various reasons, but we should be able to see it on Sunday the 10th. Yay! I am excited to listen to the Prophet and Apostles and their testimonies again. It is weird to think about where I was last conference; I had just left Caparra, and now, here I am again.

This week on Monday and Tuesday we went to this all day (8-5) training meeting where we worked a lot. We talked a lot about the family and how we need to change our focus from individuals to families, and how we can teach better. We did a lot of practicing and it was cool. Just exhausting. And freezing (air blowing on you all day long). And then we went out at night to work. It was a cool experience. You could feel the spirit really strongly, and it was cool to be with missionaries you usually aren't with. It was a nice experience.

As far as investigators go, Wendy, the man who is friend of the less-active family accepted a baptismal date and feels like Joseph Smith really is a prophet. He is reading in the Book of Mormon with the dad of the less-active family, and is growing a lot. Tony, the guy who had a dream about people coming to his house came to church on Sunday and really liked it. we tried to visit him yesterday but he couldn't receive us.

I love you,
Hermana Miller
**********************************
Here are some pictures I've been meaning to send...

5275: This is me in front of our cottage. That is seriously how big it is.




5308: This is one of the sentry boxes at el morro. Isn't it a pretty picture?






5327: This is me in one of the tunnels that take you closer to the sea so you can shoot people. It was pretty tight....





5360: This is where I was when I felt like I was in Harry Potter. YOu're just walking along and there is a surprise secret spiral staircase. My companion took this picture; we took lots of fun pictures on her camera, but I don't have copies yet. :(




5370: This is the view from the east side of the morro. The pretty colors are a really sketch community called La Perla; we didn't go there. And just before the colors is a cemetery of the Morro. It is a pretty view.





5447: This is my (old) companion and I. She went home :(. We were happy in this picture.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: